Apache handling /public_html/icons/ folder differently

So I’ve just migrated to the new panel. When transferring all the data and files, everything seems to work.
But the website contains a folder named “/icons/”, and this particular folder somehow gets redirected by apache to some other folder that lies outside of my user folder. Is there an easy workaround or should I rather customize my scripts to work with a different folder name?

Cheers,
Björn Eberhardt

Where does it redirect to?

See yourself. I’ve uploaded a folder /public_html/icons/ with a few subfolders and totally different files than here: windowsfreak dot site11 dot com /icons/

The .htaccess file in the /public_html/ folder doesn’t contain any rule that should tamper with the icons directory. It also used to work before migration, with the same file structure, there is just a specific apache rule set somewhere beyond the page, maybe a server-wide rule…

Ooooh spooky.

I made a new empty folder and visited this and again the same as yours

https://james2.000webhostapp.com/icons/

I have sent this to the administrator for a workaround.

It is an apache configuration thing - “Default installations of Apache usually alias /icons to Apache’s icons directory which cannot be overridden in an .htaccess file.”

In the meantime I’d upload your /icons to either /images/icons or even just /icon

This is an issue with Apache and cannot be edited on your side, and I have had this issue before. What I did is put them in /public_html/bin/icons and edited my code.

Seems that it’s time to modify my script again then, or at least the part that chooses the correct icon links :wink: